Lead QA Engineer
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to lead and manage our QA Department alongside our Technical Director. The role will be hands-on working in our client engagements, delivering QA to ensure quality is maintained throughout. In addition to executing QA activities.
Location: Flexible, Hybrid (with offices based in St Albans, Hertfordshire)
Salary: Between £60 - 65k per annum (DOE)
Netcel is a vibrant digital product consultancy with an ambitious vision and growth strategy. We work with leading organisations to deliver data led, differentiated, personalised digital experiences that deliver outstanding outcomes.
We use our specialist knowledge and many years of expertise to help our clients discover and define their digital strategy and capabilities, as well as developing, optimising and supporting exceptional digital products.
A career at Netcel means being supported in your development; you will be fully supported in developing your skills as well as learning new ones. You will play a central part heading up the growing QA team, ensuring quality and successful outcomes for our clients.
At Netcel we believe a good work-life balance is key for productivity, so we use a hybrid working model. When you are not working remotely, our modern office is based in leafy St Albans and has great transport connections and is a hub of activity and community.
We are a friendly, supportive and social community; there is something for everyone, from running, skiing, music events and golf, online cookery classes to team meals and drinks.
As part of our planned growth, we are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to lead and manage our QA Department alongside our Technical Director. The role will be hands-on working in our client engagements, delivering QA to ensure quality is maintained throughout. In addition to executing QA activities, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for our QA standards and processes, constantly driving them forward to meet market needs
- Accountability for the day-to-day activities of the QA team, including guidance and managing ongoing engagements
- Developing and maintaining suitable test strategies, methodologies, processes and standards
- Build the resource strategy for the QA team
- Creation of the QA strategy, estimating and overseeing QA execution for client engagements
- Ensuring the QA team are delivering the correct execution of quality checks across our clients
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- Several years’ experience in a lead QA role working with web-based applications
- Experience enacting test plans and regression scripts for new software products and updates to existing systems
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with a strong commercial acumen
- A consultative approach to work, acting as a trusted advisor to both clients and colleagues.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
- The capacity to embrace and mitigate risks for uncertain requirements, multiple systems, and technology restrictions
- ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Certification
- Experience of digital products using Digital Experience Platforms (such as Optimizely, Adobe, Sitecore or Kentico), commerce platforms (such as Optimizely, commercetools or Magento) or complex integrated web and mobile solutions
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- Familiarity of using scripting and automation tools
What we can offer you
We aim to provide as much opportunity to grow as possible. We support learning on all levels, from formal training to our weekly internal knowledge shares and hack days.
The people you’ll work alongside are key to developing a supportive culture at Netcel. And while we work hard, there's also plenty of time for being social.
- Salary £60,000-£65,000 per annum
- Exciting regular social events virtual and in person
- Health cashback plan including shopping discounts
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service plus bank holidays
- Ongoing training and mentoring
- We offer a hybrid flexible working policy (core hours of 10am – 4pm).
- Stylish open plan office in leafy St Albans with excellent transport links
- Exposure to the founders
- Cycle-to-work scheme, exam bonus and rewards scheme
- Structured onboarding process
At Netcel we encourage progressive, divergent thinking and ways of working. It’s our mission to build a diverse and inclusive working environment and we are committed to our mission to become a climate positive workplace.