Lead QA Engineer
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to lead and manage our QA Department alongside our Technical Director. The role will be hands-on working in our client engagements, delivering QA to ensure quality is maintained throughout.
Location: Flexible, Hybrid (with offices based in St Albans, Hertfordshire)
Netcel is a vibrant digital product consultancy with an ambitious vision and growth strategy. We partner with leading organisations to create personalised digital products and experiences that drive outstanding outcomes. Our core technology is the Optimizely Digital Experience Platform, and we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialists.
We are proud of our collaborative, progressive and inclusive culture that nurtures talent and supports personal growth. You will be working with a team of experienced consultants, designers and technologists, where you will have the opportunity to do some of the most rewarding work of your career.
Our hybrid working model gives you flexibility and encourages a positive work-life balance – you can work remotely, or from our office in St Albans. You will be part of a friendly, open and supportive community where there is something social for everyone to enjoy.
We are a responsible and ethical business with ambitious CSR and ESG targets as well as supporting a variety of charities through fundraising and volunteering. We celebrate equality and diversity and strive to provide an environment where you can thrive and grow.
As part of our planned growth, we are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to lead and manage our QA Department alongside our Technical Director. The role will be hands-on working in our client engagements, delivering QA to ensure quality is maintained throughout. In addition to executing QA activities, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for our QA standards and processes, constantly driving them forward to meet market needs
- Accountability for the day-to-day activities of the QA team, including guidance and managing ongoing engagements
- Developing and maintaining suitable test strategies, methodologies, processes and standards
- Build the resource strategy for the QA team
- Creation of the QA strategy, estimating and overseeing QA execution for client engagements
- Ensuring the QA team are delivering the correct execution of quality checks across our clients
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- Several years’ experience in a lead QA role working with web-based applications
- Experience enacting test plans and regression scripts for new software products and updates to existing systems
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with a strong commercial acumen
- A consultative approach to work, acting as a trusted advisor to both clients and colleagues.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
- The capacity to embrace and mitigate risks for uncertain requirements, multiple systems, and technology restrictions
- ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Certification
- Experience of digital products using Digital Experience Platforms (such as Optimizely, Adobe, Sitecore or Kentico), commerce platforms (such as Optimizely, commerce tools or Magento) or complex integrated web and mobile solutions
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- Familiarity of using scripting and automation tools
What we can offer you
We want you to grow and develop and will provide you with the opportunity to make this happen. We support learning on all levels, including self-learning, insight sessions, knowledge shares, and formal training.
Alongside working hard in a supportive and collaborative culture, there's also plenty of time for being social. The main benefits and perks include:
- Hybrid working (you choose whether you WFH or from our St Albans office)
- Flexible hours (with core hours of 10am – 4pm)
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Structured onboarding process
- Ongoing training and development
- Exposure to the company directors
- Stylish open plan office in St Albans with excellent transport links
- Regular social events (both virtual and in-person)
- Health cashback scheme
- Shopping rewards scheme offering deals and discounts from well-known brands
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Bonuses and rewards for length of service, exams etc
- Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Diversity & inclusivity at Netcel
At Netcel we encourage progressive, divergent thinking and ways of working. It’s our mission to build a diverse and inclusive working environment and we are committed to our mission to become a climate positive workplace.