Senior UI Developer
We are looking for a Senior UI Developer to join our frontend team. You’ll be integral to shaping and driving the UI department alongside our Lead UI Developer delivering and optimising digital products, being hands on as early as the pitch process, project estimations right up to the delivery and beyond in continuous improvement and support processes.
Location: Flexible, Hybrid (with offices based in St Albans, Hertfordshire)
Netcel is a vibrant digital product consultancy with an ambitious vision and growth strategy. We partner with leading organisations to create personalised digital products and experiences that drive outstanding outcomes. Our core technology is the Optimizely Digital Experience Platform, and we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialists.
We are proud of our collaborative, progressive and inclusive culture that nurtures talent and supports personal growth. You will be working with a team of experienced consultants, designers and technologists, where you will have the opportunity to do some of the most rewarding work of your career.
Our hybrid working model gives you flexibility and encourages a positive work-life balance – you can work remotely, or from our office in St Albans. You will be part of a friendly, open and supportive community where there is something social for everyone to enjoy.
We are a responsible and ethical business with ambitious CSR and ESG targets as well as supporting a variety of charities through fundraising and volunteering. We celebrate equality and diversity and strive to provide an environment where you can thrive and grow.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading client projects in a frontend developer capacity to a high standard
- Developing the direction of the UI department, tooling and processes in line with Netcel’s growth plans and strategic objectives
- Assisting in digital product definition, optimisation, frontend architecture and estimations for our clients
- Taking shared ownership of the design and UX to influence frontend requirements to build best-in-class experiences
- Keeping up with the ever-changing technical landscape, staying up to date with web standards as well as suggesting new technologies and ways of working in projects
- Onboarding, mentoring and coaching team members to enable their development and ability to grow within the company alongside the Lead UI Developer
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- Many years of experience in a similar role delivering web solutions and experiences using the latest frameworks and technologies, preferably to external clients in a consultancy setting
- Excellent understanding of HTML semantics along with ARIA, SVG and experience with templating languages such as Nunjucks, Razor, Handlebars & HAML
- Knowledge of modern frontend development workflows such as Gulp & Rollup
- Solid understanding of responsive design, mobile web development, performance optimisation and accessibility
- Experience working with a wider technical teams such as Experience Design, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance providing support and direction alongside the Lead UI Developer.
- Experience of digital products using Digital Experience Platforms (such as Optimizely, Adobe, Sitecore, Acquia or similar)
What we can offer you
We want you to grow and develop and will provide you with the opportunity to make this happen. We support learning on all levels, including self-learning, insight sessions, knowledge shares, and formal training.
Alongside working hard in a supportive and collaborative culture, there's also plenty of time for being social. The main benefits and perks include:
- Hybrid working (you choose whether you WFH or from our St Albans office)
- Flexible hours (with core hours of 10am – 4pm)
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Structured onboarding process
- Ongoing training and development
- Exposure to the company directors
- Stylish open plan office in St Albans with excellent transport links
- Regular social events (both virtual and in-person)
- Health cashback scheme
- Shopping rewards scheme offering deals and discounts from well-known brands
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Bonuses and rewards for length of service, exams etc
- Salary £60,000
At Netcel we encourage progressive, divergent thinking and ways of working. It’s our mission to build a diverse and inclusive working environment and we are committed to our mission to become a climate positive workplace.