Location: St Albans
Reports into: Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a digital solutions focused Business Analyst to join our growing digital agency. If you have experience in undertaking requirements analysis for digital solutions and are looking for a new challenge, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, commercially minded, results-driven and has a demonstrable experience of understanding, interpreting and documenting business requirements for digital solutions. Working alongside clients such as Metro Bank, The Landmark Trust, NSPCC and Age UK, and our internal teams, you will use your passion for customer experience to translate complex business requirements into leading solutions.
Most importantly, you will already have good experience in interpreting and documenting business requirements for digital solutions. You will be looking to apply your existing skills while also working within Netcel’s team to further broaden your experience and knowledge.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the work of business managers and strategic product owners to define a product strategy and roadmap.
- Take the high-level requirements definition and work closely with the client and the development team to creates detailed and complete user stories, incorporating:
- Detailed requirements
- Acceptance criteria
- Work with business managers and strategic product owners to prioritise and manage the product backlog including:
- Take responsibility for the list of backlog items
- Prioritise items based on the overall strategy
- Help identify and map out dependencies in the backlog
- Able to deliver beyond top level user stories and contribute significantly to acceptance criteria to support client stakeholders, development and test teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital solutions
- Take ownership and responsibility for the features and components as part of the overall solution definition
- Develop personas either alone or in conjunction with a team including user experience experts
- Ensure they have a clear and deep understanding of the solution KPIs and Goals as defined by the business managers and strategic product owners.
- Ensure user stories are ‘ready’ for development to start work and delivers clear instructions for the developers.
- Work with the development team, quality engineers and project manager to clarify detailed acceptance criteria.
- Liaise regularly with the business managers and strategic product owners to clarify client requirements and to ensure alignment and agree changes in scope and complexity.
- Help to keep the solution in line with business goals.
- Identify risks during the delivery of the solution and working collaboratively with the team to mitigate these risks.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer for the development team as the daily contact point.
- Contribute to the planning, execution and review of each sprint.
- Attend and be a key player throughout each event, including stand-ups, planning sessions, demos and retrospectives.
- Work closely and daily with technical and quality assurance teams to ensure the right customer problem is solved.
- Support triage for defect or bug identification and help prioritise resolution.
- Be responsible and work with the Project Manager tracking progress towards the release of a product.
- Perform release planning by documenting all features and delivering release notes.
- Support the implementation of the solution, including providing support for user testing and deployment.
Required skills and experience
- Proven substantial business analysis experience in a digital and/or technical project role.
- Ability to effectively prioritise a large backlog by balancing and championing both business and customer needs.
- Strong working knowledge of current and emerging web technologies
- Full project and development lifecycle experience, from requirements capture and design through to supporting the testing and delivery.
- Detailed understanding of responsive web sites, IA/UX, prototyping, design, build and third-party integration.
- Experience in the use of formal structured methodologies and representation methods (e.g. UML and use cases, BPM, root cause analysis).
- Highly organised, creative problem solver with a collaborative approach.
- Embrace the ambiguity and work effectively through ambiguity to form clear and achievable requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Analytical thinking with the ability to articulate technology in simple terms, understanding the impact of change on the business and providing necessary support.
- Demonstrable experience of interpreting and documenting business requirements for complex web projects, including planning and taking part in workshops for requirements and business process capture.
- Experience in creating annotated wireframes would be an advantage.
- Open to travel and to work on client site if required from time to time.
- Ideally you will have an agency background.
Netcel is a leading digital experience consultancy, creating engaging website and commerce experiences to help companies better connect with their customers. We are a UK market leader in developing solutions using the Optimizely (Episerver) Digital Experience Platform, working in partnership with well-known organisations including Metro Bank, Vets4Pets, English Heritage and The National Crime Agency.