Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Reports into: CEO
Part-time or full-time (minimum 0.6 FTE)
Direct reports: Marketing & BD Manager, BD Manager (part-time)
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing a multi-year marketing strategy. You’ll have involvement and support from the company’s leadership team to ensure your plans align with the business strategy as well as sales and delivery functions.
- Developing and managing a multi-year marketing strategy to achieve growth plans.
- Developing annual marketing plan including priorities, objectives and budgets.
- Defining strategies to continuously build the pipeline and flow of quality leads.
- Defining comms, messaging, brand and positioning strategies across all channels.
- Defining and gaining buy-in for change management investments such as re-branding, re-positioning, new systems and processes.
- Providing marketing leadership within the leadership team and throughout the business.
You’ll be leading and directing marketing campaigns and activities so to bring to life your marketing strategy and plans. You’ll have the support of your marketing team, while working in close collaboration with the Commercial Director, Strategy Director, CTO and others.
- Directing the execution of the marketing strategy and annual plan.
- Leading the development of multi-channel marketing campaigns that build the pipeline and generate inbound leads.
- Overseeing the execution of marketing campaign and activities.
- Managing the performance of campaigns and activities to achieve defined goals.
- Directing the execution of the comms, messaging, brand and positioning strategies.
- Leading change management programmes, such as re-branding, re-positioning, new systems and processes.
You’ll initially be managing a Marketing & BD Manager and part-time BD Manager, along with external suppliers. We expect you to expand this team over time, in line with business growth.
- Developing a highly effective marketing team who are passionate and committed to realising the marketing strategy and plan.
- Motivating and mentoring your direct reports, while overseeing their personal development.
- Managing the marketing budget and resources to ensure effective usage and outcomes.
- Coaching your direct and indirect team to ensure consistent messaging and quality throughout the business.
Skills and Experience
Having previously worked in a senior marketing and/or business development role, you will be a strategic thinker with strong business acumen and the ability to inspire a team.
Ideally, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing marketing strategies, plans and campaigns that achieved pre-defined objectives and targets.
- Experience predominantly in B2B marketing, targeting mid-market and enterprise companies.
- Previous experience working at professional services firms, including consultancies or agencies, ideally in the digital or technology sector.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability and gravitas to build senior-level relationships and confidence with colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers.
- A strong networker with experience of senior stakeholder engagement.
- Exceptional organisational skills with proven ability to plan, prioritise and manage marketing budgets, resources and timescales.
- Demonstrable skills in leading and developing highly effective and motivated teams.
Netcel is a leading digital experience consultancy, creating engaging website and commerce experiences to help companies better connect with their customers. We are a UK market leader in developing solutions using the Episerver Digital Experience Platform, working in partnership with well-known organisations including Metro Bank, Vets4Pets, English Heritage and The National Crime Agency.