Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 3RD
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Permanent, full-time, Monday to Friday (35-hour working week)
Training: Ongoing training provided
We are looking for a Business Analyst who is self-motivated, commercially-minded, results-driven and has a demonstrable experience of gathering and documenting business requirements for complex digital solutions. Working alongside clients such as Metro Bank, The Landmark Trust, NSPCC and Age UK, and our internal teams, you will use your passion for customer experience to translate complex business requirements into leading solutions.
Working within Netcel’s consultancy team, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, participating and leading workshops with clients to identify business issues or areas for improvement.
- Working collaboratively with Netcel’s team, in particular UX, content strategists and digital marketing consultants to review, analyse and document both business and functional requirements.
- Articulating these business and functional requirements to stakeholders.
- Working with Netcel’s project team to define the scope of the solution and the implementation strategy.
- Working alongside the project manager and technical lead to ensure that the functional requirements are properly translated into the development specification.
- Supporting the implementation of the solution, including providing support for user testing and deployment.
- Providing information for sales proposals and presenting at client pitches as necessary.
- Identifying risks during the process of gathering requirements and working collaboratively with the team to mitigate these risks.
- Reporting on project progress to the project manager and facilitating the sharing of ideas and information within the project team.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Providing estimates for up-coming projects.
Required skills and experience
Most importantly, you will already have good experience in gathering and documenting business requirements for large, complex digital solutions. You will be looking to apply your existing skills while also working within Netcel’s team to further broaden your experience and knowledge.
Specifically, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous business analysis experience in a digital and/or technical project role.
- Strong working knowledge of current and emerging web technologies.
- Full project and development lifecycle experience, from requirements capture and design through to supporting the testing and delivery.
- Detailed understanding of responsive web sites, IA/UX, prototyping, design, build and third-party integration.
- Experience in the use of formal structured methodologies and representation methods (e.g. UML and use cases, BPM, root cause analysis).
- Knowledge of diagramming tools is desirable.
- Highly organised, creative problem solver with a collaborative approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate confidently and effectively at any level of the organisation.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to articulate technology in terms that stakeholders can understand, understanding the impact of change on the business and providing necessary support.
- Demonstrable experience of gathering and documenting business requirements for complex web projects, including planning and leading workshops for requirements and business process capture.
- Experience of writing functional specifications.
- Experience in creating annotated wireframes would be an advantage.
- Open to travel and to work on client site if required from time to time.