Location: St Albans with some opportunity for remote working
Reports into: Technical Director
Netcel exists to help our clients discover and create their digital futures. We are a passionate team who are committed to delivering tangible change and benefit for the clients we work with. Our work is challenging and diverse and we work with leading brands from across a variety of sectors.
Our specialism is the Episerver (Optimizely) DXP, rated a leader by Gartner, Forrester and IDC, and maximising our client’s investment in existing marketing technology through deep integrations and data. As one of only two Episerver (Optimizely) Platinum Partners in the UK, all our R&D and investment is focused on unlocking the potential of the platform for our client’s digital products.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Solution Architect to join us at an exciting point in our ambitious growth plan. You'll be a key member of Netcel’s team from the outset, responsible for the overall solution design of digital products that we deliver for our clients. You will play a key role in their design, initial launch and continual optimisation.
Working alongside the Technical Director and senior technology team, you will bring a balance of technology and business skills. Your core focus will be developing the technology capability to realise the digital product design and deliver the desired business outcomes.
Involved from the early stages of client engagements, you will be a trusted advisor to stakeholders and product owners, explaining complex problems in laymen's terms. Ultimately, understanding the business processes to define and recommend solutions that drive value and ROI for the client.
Advisory and Envisioning
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to align business strategy and solution design.
- Involvement from the proposal stage through to solution delivery and beyond.
- Excellent collaboration and presenter to lead and facilitate in business and technology workshops to reach common understandings and solution goals.
- To become a technology expert beyond DXP platforms covering systems integration architecture that you can comfortably articulate.
- Using your wide expert knowledge to improve the delivery of our solutions and technology offering.
Solution architecture and definition
- Analysis and documentation of existing technology environments to make informed decisions for future solution architecture design.
- Analysis of the architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on solution design and approaches.
- To identify, evaluate and recommend third party software to complement and enhance our solutions to meet client requirements.
- Strategic involvement in defining technical processes, improvements, architecture and leading the rollout to enable the business to further scale.
Processes and delivery
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements, including providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Architectural involvement on the rollout of a standardised process for DXP solutions that covers core CMS and Commerce through to Digital intelligence incorporating data, CDP and AI.
- Responsible for the technical standards/architecture of the solutions that we deliver to ensure they are consistent across back-end and front-end teams.
- Accountability for technology choices, identification of scope and mitigation of risks through the control of the solution development.
- Resource management through effective and efficient alignment of technical skills to the implementation requirements.
- Mentoring developers, to include responsibility for overseeing their development and performance, peer reviewing implementations and steering adherence and standards.
Required Skills and Experience
A natural enthusiasm for technology is a must. Someone who stays up to date with the latest trends, technologies and techniques and brings them to the office for discussion and exploration. You will have spent over 10 years in the software development arena, directly within development although with your most recent experience in an architectural capacity.
You thrive on the challenges to see solutions not only through specific requirements but through data and alternative designs by embracing uncertainty and challenging preconceived notions. For this, you will have skills in multiple tools across architecture, development and DevOps designed to help you be more effective and productive.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills to deliver clear and concise messages that are not convoluted and appropriate for the audiences they are targeted for.
- You will have a solid understanding of System and Application Architecture, Analytics, Accessibility with an extensive appreciation of interface architecture.
- Extensive experience in a Development/Architect role implementing .NET C# web solutions and advising on best practice.
- Advanced background in the .NET frameworks, including newer versions, .NET Core and MVC solution patterns.
- Full understanding of ORM, Dependency injection, LINQ, and other advanced .NET concepts
- In-depth SQL Server knowledge.
- DevOps exposure to setup projects for continuous integration and delivery with automated build processes, Unit Testing Frameworks, and approaches to automated testing.
- Possess a consultative approach to work, acting as a trusted advisor to both clients and colleagues.
- The ability to embrace and mitigate risks from uncertain requirements, multiple systems, and technology restrictions.
- System and data analysis to evaluate and make informed recommendations on suitable solutions.
- Negotiation and decision making, being confident in demonstrating architecture trade-offs and to obtain buy-in on these decisions particularly from developers.
- An ability to research and take on board significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time.
- Modern bespoke web application architecture, technical design and delivery using the latest techniques and technologies.
- Some experience of managing or mentoring a small team of developers.
- Experience working with a DXP such as Episerver, Adobe, Sitecore or Kentico would be an advantage as will experience in enterprise level systems integration, marketing technology and ecommerce.