We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead who is ready to take their next step towards becoming a fully-fledged Solutions Architect, or an already experienced Solutions Architect.
Location: Flexible, Hybrid (with offices based in St Albans, Hertfordshire)
Salary: Circa £75,000 per annum
Netcel is a vibrant digital product consultancy with an ambitious vision and growth strategy. We partner with leading organisations to create personalised digital products and experiences that drive outstanding outcomes. Our core technology is the Optimizely Digital Experience Platform, and we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialists.
We are proud of our collaborative, progressive and inclusive culture that nurtures talent and supports personal growth. You will be working with a team of experienced consultants, designers and technologists, where you will have the opportunity to do some of the most rewarding work of your career.
Our hybrid working model gives you flexibility and encourages a positive work-life balance – you can work remotely, or from our office in St Albans. You will be part of a friendly, open and supportive community where there is something social for everyone to enjoy.
We are a responsible and ethical business with ambitious CSR and ESG targets as well as supporting a variety of charities through fundraising and volunteering. We celebrate equality and diversity and strive to provide an environment where you can thrive and grow.
As part of our planned growth, we are looking for an experienced Technical Lead who is ready to take their next step towards becoming a fully-fledged Solutions Architect, or an already experienced Solutions Architect. Reporting to our Technical Director, alongside colleagues across disciplines, you will be a key member of the team, working with our clients to help maximise their investment in technology and suggest technology strategies to align with business vision. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing technical expertise when working with clients to achieve their overall outcomes
- Implementation of PoCs to reach suitable conclusions
- Leading on project discovery, definition and estimations
- Bringing together the areas of business, information, and technology to solve problems
- Leading the overall technical approach across assigned clients through to successful implementation
- Taking ownership, clarification and mitigation of the technical risks and complexities
- Mentoring junior team members
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience creating digital products using Digital Experience Platforms (such as Optimizely, Adobe, Sitecore or Kentico), commerce platforms (such as Optimizely, commercetools or Magento) or complex integrated web and mobile solutions.
- Over 5 years in digital technology with exposure to solutions architecture.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to align business strategy and solution design.
- A consultative approach to work, acting as a trusted advisor to both clients and colleagues.
- The ability to embrace and mitigate risks from uncertain requirements, multiple systems, and technology restrictions.
- Experience in making decisions and be able to be confident in demonstrating architecture trade-offs, negotiating and obtaining buy-in particularly from developers.
- Modern bespoke web application architecture, technical design and delivery using the latest techniques and technologies.
- Extensive experience in a development or an architect role implementing digital products and advising on best practice using the Microsoft technology stack and modern frontend frameworks.
- Advanced experience in the .NET frameworks, including newer versions, .NET Core and MVC solution patterns.
What we can offer you
We want you to grow and develop and will provide you with the opportunity to make this happen. We support learning on all levels, including self-learning, insight sessions, knowledge shares, and formal training.
Alongside working hard in a supportive and collaborative culture, there's also plenty of time for being social. The main benefits and perks include:
- Hybrid working (you choose whether you WFH or from our St Albans office)
- Flexible hours (with core hours of 10am – 4pm)
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Structured onboarding process
- Ongoing training and development
- Exposure to the company directors
- Stylish open plan office in St Albans with excellent transport links
- Regular social events (both virtual and in-person)
- Health cashback scheme
- Shopping rewards scheme offering deals and discounts from well-known brands
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Bonuses and rewards for length of service, exams etc
- Salary – Circa £75,000 per annum
At Netcel we encourage progressive, divergent thinking and ways of working. It’s our mission to build a diverse and inclusive working environment and we are committed to our mission to become a climate positive workplace.