Location: Primarily St Albans with flexibility for remote working
Netcel exists to help our clients discover and create their digital futures. We are a passionate team who are committed to delivering tangible change and benefit for the clients we work with. Our work is challenging and diverse and we work with leading brands from across a variety of sectors.
Our specialism is the Episerver (Optimizely) DXP, rated a leader by Gartner, Forrester and IDC, and maximising our client’s investment in existing marketing technology through deep integrations and data. As one of only two Episerver (Optimizely) Platinum Partners in the UK, all our R&D and investment is focused on unlocking the potential of the platform for our client’s digital products.
The team covers the full technology delivery lifecycle: architecture, development, quality assurance and an ongoing programme of continuous optimisation. The development function is a team of front end / user interface developers and .NET development experts who deliver high-quality solutions to agreed technical designs.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic .Net Developer with at least 3 years’ commercial experience to join us at an exciting point in our ambitious growth plan. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team across one or multiple projects at any one time, the .Net Developer role works closely with front end developers and quality engineers, under the direction of a Technical Lead to implement client applications with Optimizely at the core. Whilst you will come with relevant skills and education, we have a structured on-boarding and training process that will continue to enhance and develop your knowledge and experience on a continual basis.
- Delivery of high-quality backend and integration code within agreed estimates and acceptance criteria
- Efficient and standardised handover to quality assurance and support through correct coding standards and documentation
- Involvement in the technology team initiatives to improve and develop Netcel’s processes, standards and code libraries
- Coding, primarily using C# and JS to deliver against architecture designs and technical requirements, meeting project goals and acceptance criteria
- Implementing reusable code, functions and libraries for future use
- Working closely with technical leads and business analysts to create and estimate technical tasks necessary to meet user stories / requirements
- Working with quality assurance through demonstrations and walk throughs for them to validate that the desired acceptance criteria has been delivered
- Progressively maintain team standards and documentation, such as coding standards and technical build and release processes
- Join daily stand-ups, with multiple project teams
- Contributing to an open team culture of code reviewing, communication, quality and challenging ideas
- Maintaining and developing your own technical strengths as standards and technologies change, learning new skills as needed and sharing these with other members of the team
Required Skills and Experience
A natural enthusiasm for technology is a must. Someone who stays up to date with the latest trends, technologies and techniques and brings them to the office for discussion and exploration.
You thrive on the challenges to see solutions not only through specific requirements but through data and alternative designs by embracing uncertainty and challenging preconceived notions. For this, you will have skills in multiple tools across architecture, development and DevOps designed to help you be more effective and productive.
- Proficient technical skills to deliver web-based solutions using C#
- Good communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills to deliver clear and concise messages that are not convoluted and appropriate for the audiences they are targeted for.
- Estimating development tasks accurately based on the details and requirements given.
- Ability to manage your time and workload effectively
- The ability to challenge and mitigate risks from unclear requirements, multiple systems, and technology restrictions.
- Having a consultative approach to work, providing ideas and development initiatives to colleagues.
- Strong background in the .NET framework, including newer versions, .NET Core and MVC solution patterns.
- Some knowledge of developing and integrating with third party systems following cloud first, modern API approaches and MACH appliance concepts
- SQL Server and Azure SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of software development industry best-practise, design patterns and advancements (IoC, repository patterns etc)
- Experience working with a DXP such as Episerver, Adobe, Sitecore, Kentico or other .NET CMS would be an advantage as will experience in systems integration.